GBPR welcomes interns and apprentices who are interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field. We are excited about meeting current and recently graduated students who have studied or worked within public relations, communications, journalism, English or other related fields. Prospective GBPR interns and apprentices must:
- Demonstrate strong writing and communication skills, creativity and attention to detail
- Be able to work independently, demonstrate good judgment and have the ability to interact professionally with clients and the media
- Work proficiently in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
GBPR also has a strong interest in connecting with candidates who have social media and/or video experience.
Internships and apprenticeships are available for the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Interested applicants should be available to work at least 15-25 hours per week.
Intern and Apprentice Responsibilities Include:
- Developing content and strategies to leverage a variety of social media platforms
- Researching editorial, media and community-based opportunities for clients
- Video production and editing
- Developing media materials such as press releases, media alerts, case studies and fact sheets
- Researching and maintaining media or stakeholder contact lists
- Searching for recent media coverage and circulating among account team members
- Participating in calls or meetings with clients
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples to: Maddie Cicitto; email@example.com.