GBPR welcomes interns and apprentices who are excited to learn all aspects of the public relations field. We are excited about meeting current and recently graduated students who have studied or worked within public relations, communications, journalism, English or other related fields. Prospective GBPR interns and apprentices must:
- Demonstrate strong writing and communication skills, creativity, and attention to detail
- Be able to work independently, demonstrate good judgment and the have ability to interact professionally with clients and the media
- Work proficiently in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Social media and/or video experience a plus
Internships and apprenticeships are available for the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Interested applicants should be available to work ideally 15-25 hours per week.
Specific Intern and Apprentice Responsibilities Include
- Developing content and strategies to leverage a variety of social media platforms
- Researching editorial, media, and community-based opportunities for clients
- Developing media materials such as:
- Press releases
- Media alerts
- Case studies
- Fact sheets
- Researching and maintaining media or stakeholder contact lists
- Searches for recent media coverage and circulation to account team members
- Participating in calls or meetings with clients
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.