Gaffney Bennett Public Relations(GBPR; www.gbpr.com), a full-service public relations firm based in New Britain, Conn., was recently honored with sixMercury Awards by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA).
GBPR received the following awards:
- Gold Award in the Research/Evaluation category for its public opinion research project seeking information on the public awareness of the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund on behalf of Connecticut Light & Power
- Gold Award in the Integrated Communication category for its success in expanding Aquarion Water Company’s Environmental Champions Awards;
- Gold Award in the Speeches category for its preparation of First Niagara New England Regional President David Ring’s remarks for the Walter Camp Foundation Annual Awards Dinner
- Gold Award in the Special Event (More Than 7 Days) category for executing a public relations outreach program to promote the grand opening of three First Niagara branches in Plainville, Rocky Hill and Avon
- Gold Award in the Media Relations category for executing a media campaign to raise awareness for Energize Connecticut’s Clean Energy Communities Program, on behalf of CL&P
- Silver Award in the Special Event (1-7 Days) category for event planning and media relations support for the 2012 Energize Conecticut eesmarts Student Contest Ceremony held at the State Capitol.
“It’s great for our firm to be recognized by our peers in the public relations field ,” said Patrick Kinney, a Principal and Co-Founder of GBPR. ”We enjoy working with businesses and non-profit organizations in Connecticut and throughout New England to raise awareness of their mission, capabilities and achievements.