About Our Internship Program:
GBPR seeks interns that are interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field and that demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills, creativity, and attention to detail. Interns that have completed the program with our firm are prepared to enter any fast-paced PR environment. Former GBPR interns have secured positions at various firms and companies.
Our interns must be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of a University Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English, or related program. Candidates will preferably have a least junior standing and above a 3.2 G.P.A.
The individual must:
- Possess a basic understanding of media relations skills.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills and the ability to undertake public relations writing assignments.
- Be able to work independently, demonstrate good judgment and the ability to interact professionally with clients and the media.
- Work proficiently in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Some familiarity with the state and/or federal legislature and public/private businesses would be a plus.
Internships are available for the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Interns should be available to work at least 15-25 hours per week.
Specific Intern Responsibilities:
- Monitor all forms of media (print, online news and social media sites)
- Write press releases and other materials
- Assist with mailings and print production
- Compile contact lists and update databases
- Update website and social media platforms
- Research new business opportunities and awards for GBPR and its clients
- Research editorial/broadcast opportunities for clients
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples to: Maddie Cicitto; email@example.com.